Image Map

Sunday, January 9, 2011

With the Good, Comes the Bad

Other than not being able to find a job, life had been going pretty well for me and I was excited about a lot.  Sure, life was by no means perfect, but I was really sure that 2011 was going to be a great year for me.  Yes I know it is only 9 days in to 2011, so the year DOES still have the potential to be amazing, but so far it is off to a rough start.

Friday was a really rough day as I got the news that one of my managers from Fridays had passed away.  Part of what made this so rough was that this man was like a father figure to all of us.  He was caring, compassionate, funny, smart, and really did seem to love his employees.  This man (and one other manager) was there for me through all of the ups and downs of law school and the bar exam.  I'll never forget finding out that I passed the NJ Bar and being so excited to tell him because I knew he would be proud of me.  Sure enough he was... he gave me a high five and then a hug, telling me that he knew all along that I would pass.  That's the type of guy he always seemed to be though... he wanted to see the best in people and wanted to believe that they could do anything they set their minds to. 

Another part of what made it so rough was that it was so sudden.  I'm not sure that anyone could have seen this coming.  It all just seems so unreal and like a horrible nightmare that you're just waiting to wake up from.  Unfortunately it is not a horrible nightmare, it is a reality.

My besties with Mike, the BEST GM EVER! RIP Mike
R.I.P. Mike - you were an amazing GM who we all loved dearly... you've left some pretty big shoes to fill.  Your family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!