Image Map

Monday, March 24, 2014

Liebster Award!!


Hello friends!! Today I am super excited to be writing this post because Lindsey from Bliss and Blunders of a Newlywed has nominated little ole me for the Liebster Award!! This award is given to a blogger by another blogger in order for us all to get to know each other better.  I am thrilled that Lindsey has nominated me and I am also excited to be able to nominate a few of my favorite bloggers for this award as well.  This is the award that keeps on giving... from one blogger to another. As a nominee I get to answer a series of questions that Lindsey has for me and then I get to come up with a list of questions for my nominees to answer.  It is definitely a win-win for all parties involved. So here goes...

My Questions from Lindsey

1. What inspired you to start blogging?  I honestly don't really remember what inspired me to start blogging.  I started my blog back in 2010 I think really as a place for me to write down my thoughts.  I used to keep a journal but was not always consistent about writing in it and I think I thought that having a blog would help make me a bit more consistent in my writing.  Of course that didn't happen and I didn't really make a commitment to making something of my blog until 2014.

2. Describe your "perfect day". A perfect day is pretty much any day that I get to spend with my husband.  We pretty much work opposite schedules and when we are both off I seem to be doing some much volunteer work in what little free time that I have that M and I barely see each other.  I think we saw each other for a total of 1 hour on Wednesday and we won't see each other until grocery shopping on Sunday morning.  Such is life... but I definitely miss spending time with my hubby. 

3. What are some goals that you have for your blog? I would like to make more of a commitment to blogging and to making something of my blog.  Prior to this year my blog had just been an afterthought... something that I didn't pay much attention to.  I would like to fix that.  I would like to keep writing posts... book reviews... sharing recipes... etc. in hopes that my blog becomes a place that people like to stop by and read posts or even try some of my recipes, read some new books, etc.  I want it to be a place that accurately shows me and my life.

4. What is your biggest fear?  Not turning out to be the wife and mother that I know I am capable of one day becoming.  Prior to meeting M I was convinced that I was never going to get married and that I was never going to have children.  I was going to be a partner in a huge NYC law firm by the time I was 35.  Those were my goals and dreams.  Then I started dating M and when things got serious my goals and dreams changed some.  Sure I still want to be a successful practicing lawyer, but I also want to be a good wife and some day I would like to have children with M and I want to be a good mother.  Because being a wife and mother were not in my original life place I am afraid that I don't always know what it takes to be one and that I will fail in this department.  I know it is a silly fear, but it is definitely something that I worry about from time to time. 

5. What is one of your favorite memories? The day I got accepted to Bucknell was probably one of the best days of my life. I was at Barnes & Noble with friends studying for my Physics midterm when I got a call from my parents.  They told me that I had gotten a big envelope from Bucknell and wanted to know if they should open it or not.  Of course I told them to go ahead and when they read me my acceptance letter it was one of the best moments of my life.  Of course I had to finish studying for my midterm, but when I got home my family had decorated our front door with congratulations signs and had gotten orange and blue balloons and I am pretty sure everyone cried because I was going to be going to the school that so many in my family had gone to before me. 

6. What is one thing you have always wanted to do?  The hubby will laugh when he reads the answer to this one and then he will probably yell at me, but I am going to write it down anyway.  I have always wanted to learn to drive a manual car.  The hubby has a manual and keeps volunteering to teach me how to drive it and I keep telling him no.  It isn't that I have no desire to learn it is just that I am so afraid that I will be so terrible at it that he will laugh at me and that I won't be able to learn.  I am so afraid that I am too uncoordinated to learn (I trip over my own feet sometimes), so I am just afraid that I won't be able to use two pedals at once and that I will end up ruining his car.  Who knows though, maybe one day I will learn.  

7. What is your favorite thing to do in your free time? In what little free time I have I enjoy getting to spend time with my hubby.  No matter what we do together I just enjoy getting to be in his company.  Whether it is out touring a brewery, running errands, or just sitting at home snuggling on the couch together I just can't get enough of being by his side.  I know he might say that I sometimes get agitated with him when we are spending time together, but sometimes I don't need to talk or anything, I just want to be by his side and enjoy being close to him.

8. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be? Spain. I will always love Spain and will never stop wanting to go back to visit.  I was in my glory when we were able to go there for part of our honeymoon and there is definitely a part of my heart that will always be in Spain.  

9. What is one thing that you would like to accomplish in your life?  I would like to put my law degree to use.  I graduated law school almost 4 years ago and have still yet to find a job in the legal field.  As much as I say that I will take a job doing anything, I really would like to get the opportunity to use my law degree.

10. What is your favorite Bible verse or inspirational quote? Why? My favorite Bible verse is probably a toss up between Luke 18:27 or Philippians 4:13... although they are both along the same vein. 
Luke 18:27: "Jesus replied, 'What is impossible with man is possible with God.'"
Philippians 4:13: "I can do all this through Him who gives me strength."
Through God and Christ all things are possible and this is something that I definitely try to remember when  I feel like life is getting me down.  God will not give me more than He thinks I can handle and so long as I believe in Him I can do anything that I put my mind to.

11. What is your favorite thing about blogging?  I love that I have a place to write down my thoughts for other people to see or for no one to see.  I love that no matter what I write I am writing it for me, although I do love reading comments from people and seeing who has the same thoughts as I do or who has different feelings.  I love the dialogue that I have with people through blogging.  I love that I have made friends that I know will last a lifetime.

And now, my nominations for the Liebster Award are:

Jane at My Squeaky Sneakers

And here are my questions for these lovely ladies:
1. What made you decide to start a blog?
2. Where do you see your blog in the future?
3. What is your favorite book? Why?
4. What is your favorite season?
5. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
6. Describe a moment in time that you will never forget.
7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
8. Where is your favorite place that you have ever visited?
9. If you could have a meal with one person from history who would it be and what would you eat?
10. Who is your celebrity crush?
11. What is your favorite thing about having a blog?

Ladies, looking forward to reading your answers to these questions and to seeing who you all nominate for the Liebster Award because yes it is now your turn to nominate 6 people who have 200 or less followers (on GFC, bloglovin' or wherever) for their blog and ask them some questions so that we can all get to know them better!

Today I am thankful for the friends that I am met through the blogging community.  I am thankful that Lindsey nominated me for this award so that I can meet some other amazing bloggers out there and so that I can have the opportunity to nominate some of my other favorite bloggers to give them some recognition! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!