To kick it off I am going to start with my mom's famous Apple Sour Cream Coffee Cake! This recipe is always a fan favorite at church and we definitely enjoyed it the last time I made it for us at home!
Mom's Apple Sour Cream Coffee Cake
1/2 c. finely chopped walnuts
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. butter
2 c. All-Purpose flour
1 c. sour cream
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1 medium cooking apple, peeled and thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9" tube pan.
2. In a small bowl combine nuts, 1/2 c. sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat 1 c. sugar with butter until light and fluffy.
7. Spread with remaining batter and nut mixture.
8. Bake 65-70 minutes.
9. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Do you have any go to favorite breakfast coffee cakes?