Chi Omegas on Bid Night 2003
Me and AH (aka now AB) Wouldn't have joined Chi O if it hadn't been for her
Me & AB... wouldn't have joined Chi O if it hadn't been for her either
My Chi Omega family (<3 <3 the Angels) and sisters became some of my best friends in the entire world and without them my life wouldn't be nearly as much fun and wouldn't have nearly as much excitement. Now keep in mind that even though we had TONS of fun as Chi Omegas, we also did a lot of other things. It was through Chi O that I became involved with the Make-a-Wish foundation and that is what has prompted me to submit an application to be able to volunteer with them again. It was through Chi Omega I learned many lessons that have carried me through life. Things I have learned:
- My sisters will do just about anything for me. I know that I can call them any time day or night and they will be there for me to help me through anything.
- Chi Omegas are everywhere. I'll never forget studying abroad and meeting Chi Omegas every where I went.
- "To be womanly always, to be discouraged never." This is something I learned and I feel as though I have since forgotten. I will definitely have to try to keep this in mind further on down the road.
- Being in a sorority isn't just about partying... it is about philanthropy, community service, sisterhood, and doing your best at everything.
- Never let a guy come between you and your sisters (or friends for that matter).
- You're not going to get along with everyone, there are going to be people that don't like you are there are going to be people who you don't like... but you need to be yourself, no matter what
.... I definitely learned many more lessons, but these were some of the big ones....
Before I end this, I just want to say that to those of you pledging a sorority now or in the future, best wishes and know that you are joining something incredible whether you are becoming a Chi Omega or a sister in another sorority.
Now, for some pictures that remind me of what Chi Omega means to me and how we're sisters forever...
Angel Family at Revelations (G-big, Me, Big)
My Best Friend VG and I (as sophomores)
Spring 2005 Formals
Angel Family Bowling Night
Fall 2005 Formals
Twister at an event
Angel Family Fall 2007
|Chi Omegas at my Big's Wedding (October 2007)|
Sorry for the massive amounts of pictures, but just want everyone to see why I love Chi Omega so much! And of course how it has been a part of my life from College until today :)