Image Map

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Chi Omega Yours Forever, Loyal We Will Be

6 years ago tomorrow I began pledging Chi Omega.  6 years ago tomorrow I joined an organization that played a huge role in my life during college and has continued to play a role in my life since college.  Thinking back to recruitment my sophomore year of college I don't know that it was a pleasant experience, but I'm glad that I did it and I'm glad that I became a Chi O.  I remember being devastated when I was cut from Alpha Chi... I was devastated because that was the sorority that all of the females in my family had been in before me... I was convinced that I had to be an Alpha Chi or I would just die.  But I continued on through the rest of recruitment and eventually ended up preffing Chi O.  It was a hard decision for me at the time.  Had it not been for the two sisters (AH, now AB and AB (different one)) being the sisters that I had spoken to would I have joined.  The two of them made me realize that I was going to end up where I belong and that I would be incredibly lucky to be a Chi Omega.  Though I was very unsure of it at the time, I chose Chi O and they chose me and without Chi O I'm not sure what my life would be like today.

Chi Omegas on Bid Night 2003

Me and AH (aka now AB) Wouldn't have joined Chi O if it hadn't been for her

 Me & AB... wouldn't have joined Chi O if it hadn't been for her either

My Chi Omega family (<3 <3 the Angels) and sisters became some of my best friends in the entire world and without them my life wouldn't be nearly as much fun and wouldn't have nearly as much excitement.  Now keep in mind that even though we had TONS of fun as Chi Omegas, we also did a lot of other things.  It was through Chi O that I became involved with the Make-a-Wish foundation and that is what has prompted me to submit an application to be able to volunteer with them again.  It was through Chi Omega I learned many lessons that have carried me through life.  Things I have learned:
  1. My sisters will do just about anything for me.  I know that I can call them any time day or night and they will be there for me to help me through anything.
  2. Chi Omegas are everywhere.  I'll never forget studying abroad and meeting Chi Omegas every where I went.
  3. "To be womanly always, to be discouraged never."  This is something I learned and I feel as though I have since forgotten.  I will definitely have to try to keep this in mind further on down the road.
  4. Being in a sorority isn't just about partying... it is about philanthropy, community service, sisterhood, and doing your best at everything.
  5. Never let a guy come between you and your sisters (or friends for that matter).
  6. You're not going to get along with everyone, there are going to be people that don't like you are there are going to be people who you don't like... but you need to be yourself, no matter what
 .... I definitely learned many more lessons, but these were some of the big ones....

Before I end this, I just want to say that to those of you pledging a sorority now or in the future, best wishes and know that you are joining something incredible whether you are becoming a Chi Omega or a sister in another sorority.

Now, for some pictures that remind me of what Chi Omega means to me and how we're sisters forever...
Angel Family at Revelations (G-big, Me, Big)

My Best Friend VG and I (as sophomores)

Supporting our sisters during Greek Week

2004 Chi Omegas at Bid Night

Spring 2005 Formals

Angel Family Bowling Night

Fall 2005 Formals

Twister at an event

 Classic Us Pic... Standard Since 2004

Spring Break in Italia with one of my sisters/best friends

Twin, G-big, Me Homecoming 2006

Some of the Angels and Glitters @ a GI Joe and Barbie Hoes Mixer

Chi Omegas Out Celebrating LH's 21st Birthday

Silly Angel Before Spring Formals 2007

Seniors at Spring Formals 2007

Angel Family Fall 2007
Chi Omegas at my Big's Wedding (October 2007)  


 



Chi Omegas at AH (a.k.a. now AB)'s Wedding (October 2009)

Chi Omega's at MH's Wedding (May 2010)

This has been our standard pic since we joined Chi O together in 2004 :)

Sorry for the massive amounts of pictures, but just want everyone to see why I love Chi Omega so much! And of course how it has been a part of my life from College until today :)

2 comments:

  1. awwww Little, those pictures are great! XOXO Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  2. just came by to say...
    thanks for stopping by on my sits day, a day that i needed just a WEEEE bit of extra love :) ur awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!