Image Map

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fall is FINALLY Here!

For those of you who know me really well, you know that fall is one of my absolute favorite seasons.  It's not too hot, it's not too cold yet, the leaves on the trees turn pretty colors, professional football is back and of course, fall means that it is PUMPKIN SEASON!

Now pumpkin season may not be exciting for all of you, but I pretty much love all things pumpkin. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin picking, putting pumpkins out on my front stoop, etc.  I also LOVE to decorate for fall... all the mums, scarecrows, gourds, etc.  I usually decorate both inside and outside for the fall... the bf thinks I'm crazy, but what can I say, I love making things look cute for the various holidays.

This is what my front stoop looked like last year...

I'm hoping that this year it will look this good or better.  We already have 4 small pumpkins out there, but I don't want to put out my little scarecrow girl until we have the mums and such (hopefully by going to Linvilla Orchards to do some pumpkin picking and such... bf if you're reading this, don't you think going to Linvilla is an AWESOME idea?!).  On the other side there is also a smaller mum, but for some reason I didn't get it in this picture.

Fall also means Oktoberfest and over the weekend the bf and I attended our first Oktoberfest in Delaware.  It was a lot of fun, despite the fact that it was super dusty (and the dust took a toll on my allergies).  We enjoyed some good German food... and by we I mean the bf enjoyed some good German food because all I had was BBQ Chicken... and some good German beer.  The bf was happy because he was able to buy himself a beer stein to drink out of... and it only cost him $10. for an entire liter of German beer.

the bf with his new beer stein

He was definitely a happy guy after getting German food, German beer, and a beer stein.  It's the little things in life that make him happy.

BUT he was really in his glory on Sunday when we drove out to Harrisburg for an Audi Club event and he was able to drive his car on a test track.  He took me around a couple of times with him, but then I got out to be the official photographer so that he could really see what his car (and him as driver) could do.  

making sure everything is secure before he takes off

this is probably my favorite pic I took of him

Because I love him so much, I also took a video of him....


Despite the loud techno music coming from the Russian's car, you can hear the bf's tires screeching as he was going around some of the turns.  This didn't happen when I was in the car with him, but like I said, he definitely let go as soon as I was out of the car. 

Fall also means that I have a lot of awesome things planned including: a trip to Bucknell, the Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk, a Flyers v. Penguins game, etc.  Fall also means that it is only a few weeks until the results come out for the DE bar exam.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!