Image Map

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Tasty Tuesday... Mom's Apple Sour Cream Coffee Cake

I used to be so good at participating in link ups and then I feel like all of the link ups I used to participate in kind of sort of died.  Well Tuesdays used to be recipe days, so rather than finding a recipe link up, I am just going to institute "Tasty Tuesdays" on my blog.  Every time I post on a Tuesday that post is going to be dedicated to some sort of recipe... whether drink, dinner, dessert, breakfast, etc... Tuesdays are going to be dedicated to recipes.

To kick it off I am going to start with my mom's famous Apple Sour Cream Coffee Cake!  This recipe is always a fan favorite at church and we definitely enjoyed it the last time I made it for us at home!



Mom's Apple Sour Cream Coffee Cake

Ingredients:
1/2 c. finely chopped walnuts
sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. butter
2 c. All-Purpose flour
1 c. sour cream
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1 medium cooking apple, peeled and thinly sliced



Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a 9" tube pan.

2. In a small bowl combine nuts, 1/2 c. sugar and cinnamon.  Set aside.

 


3. In a large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat 1 c. sugar with butter until light and fluffy.

4.  Add remaining ingredients and beat at a low speed until blended, constantly scraping the bowl.



5. At medium speed beat mixture for 3 minutes, scraping occasionally.



6. Spread half of the batter into pan; top with 1/3 nut mixture, then with apples, then with 1/3 nut mixture.




7. Spread with remaining batter and nut mixture.



8. Bake 65-70 minutes.


9. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.



10. Enjoy!




Do you have any go to favorite breakfast coffee cakes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!