Image Map

Monday, January 28, 2013

I'm Getting Married... THIS YEAR!

Almost daily I have people asking me "So... when are you guys getting married?" and I respond with "October 19th next year... wait I mean this year."  It seems so surreal to me that it is already 2013 and that it is the year that I get to marry the love of my life.  I feel like I have waited sooooooo long for this moment to get here that I just can't believe that it is actually almost here.

As I sit here at my computer, drinking a glass of wine, listening to the Wicked soundtrack I really just can't believe that this is my life. I have dreamed about getting married forever and for the past few years I dreamed about my perfect wedding to MD.  Though I have dreamed about this for so long, planning it has not been as easy as I thought it would be... it has been a journey, a journey that still has another 8 1/2 months left in it.  Some days I wonder if I will survive it all.  Although through it all I just have to keep in mind that at the end of it all I will be married to the love of my life and there is nothing else that is more important than that.

In the past few weeks I feel as though I have made some really important decisions... I have signed the photography contract, got the contract for our reception, selected my bridesmaids (you can meet them here) and I said "YES!" to the dress (you can read about me saying "Yes!" here).  It seems like things are moving very quickly and I can't believe that we have already been engaged for two months... it really does seem like just yesterday that MD popped the question.

To follow our journey to our wedding you can follow our blog at www.markandelizabeth.org where we will both be posting information about the wedding as well as our thoughts throughout the whole process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!