Image Map

Friday, February 3, 2012

Fortune Cookies

Last week I went out to lunch with 2 of my favorite girls, SC & MO.  We went to PF Changs and had a fabulous lunch where we were able to catch up, get advice from each other, and really just have a good time without the stress of work, boyfriends, co-workers, etc.

While we were there we received fortune cookies, and I have to say that I pretty much loved my fortune.  Normally I get fortunes that are silly and that I disregard, but this time was different.  This time my fortune was...
"The best times of your life have not yet been lived."  

I think this may be the best fortune that I have ever gotten.  Things have been rough these past few years, but never so horrible that I really couldn't deal.  There have also been some amazing times these past few years where I have thought that life just couldn't get much better.  This fortune was a wakeup call for me... it reminded me that life goes on and that things will get better and that I have a lot to look forward to.  Sure I may have had some heartbreaks, sure I may have lost people that I love, sure I may have absolutely no idea what I want to do with my life right now... but that is ok because they best times of my life probably have not yet been lived.

I am 27 years old and I still have a lot of life to live.  So it is just reassuring to know that although these haven't been the worst times of my life, they also haven't been the best.

Can't wait to see what the rest of 2012 has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!