Image Map

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

*Tag You're It... Christmas Style*

Merry Christmas Eve All!!!!

Because I am the world's worst (ok maybe not the worst, but close to it) blogger and have had ZERO time these past couple of weeks I am finally getting around to the Christmas Tag post that Elizabeth from Army Ever After tagged me in oh almost a week ago. In fact I so bad that I didn't even realize that she had tagged me in it until a few days after I was tagged in it.  Here's hoping that 2014 will bring more time for blogging (both reading my favorite blogs and posting things of my own!) as I have so many post ideas... so many pictures on my cell phone that I want to use for posts and so many promised blog posts that I really need to get on this.  But for today I am going to work on the Christmas Tag post because well tomorrow is Christmas and I want to make sure that I get this up before Christmas!


1. What do you love most about Christmas time?  Geez... this is a tough one.  There is so much that I love about Christmas time, but what I think I love the most is having the time to spend with all of my family and friends celebrating the joy and magic of the season.  The hubby and I get to spend a few days with each family reflecting on the past year and overall just having a good time together.  I love to see the joy on our families faces when we give them meaningful gifts that they will treasure for the rest of their lives. 

2. Do you celebrate the season in style or is Bah-Humbug for you?  IN STYLE obviously!  As much as fall is my favorite season, Christmas may very well be my favorite holiday.  I love putting up on tree so that the house smells like fresh pine.  I love decorating the house with ornaments, stockings, pine, etc.  My house definitely has a TON of decorations up and I love each and every one of them! 

Just a few of my Christmas Decorations 
A few more of our decorations
3.  Are you leaving anything out for Santa this year so that he remembers to leave your presents?  As we don't have kids we won't be leaving anything out for Santa... but I do remember always leaving him cookies and milk as a kid... plus some carrots for the reindeer!!! When we would wake up in the morning I remember seeing the empty milk glass, cookie crumbs on the plate and the very bottom of the carrot sticks... I wonder which one of my parents actually ate the carrots.... 

4. What is the gift you are most looking forward to giving?  Every year we give everyone in the family a unique Christmas ornament and I love seeing their faces as they open them up.  This year some of them are extra special as we purchased them on our honeymoon.  It is so fun to give our families these ornaments and then to see them on the tree the following year.  We so enjoy remembering what Christmas we gave the ornament to them for and reminiscing about whatever Christmas disaster happened that year (because yes, there is almost always some sort of Christmas disaster every year... from trees falling over, to forgetting to put ingredients in pies, to ornaments breaking before they get opened... never a dull moment)

5. What is your all-time favorite Christmas movie?  All time it is probably "Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer" .... but I also love the Hallmark Channel Movie "The Christmas Card" and will not turn it off if I see it is on.

6.  What is your all-time favorite Christmas song?  I absolutely LOVE "Silent Night"!! I also enjoy the "Christmas Shoes" song... makes me cry every time!  The hubby's favorite song is "All I Want for Christmas is You"... the Mariah Carey version... any other version he does the thumbs down on Pandora.  He is crazy but I can't help but love him!

7. If given the opportunity would you participate in an "Ugly Sweater" party would you and what sweater would you wear? (peruse one on the internet or even one from your own closet)  I would ABSOLUTELY go to an ugly sweater Christmas party... in fact I have always wanted to go to one... perhaps I will host one next year!  I love owls... so I would actually kind of like this ugly sweater T-shirt!

8. Have you started any Christmas traditions this year that  you plan on carrying forward?  Every year we buy Christmas ornaments for each member of the family and we also always go to cut down our own tree.  We have been doing this ever since we have been together and it is something that we will probably continue to do for the rest of our lives.  Unfortunately we didn't start any new traditions this year... just carrying on ones from previous years.
The Hubby cutting down our Christmas Tree
The Hubby & Me after we cut down our tree!
9. It's Christmas morning... what does it look like outside where you live?  Well with the way the weather has been recently it is hard to say what it will look like.  Normally it is cold, but sunny... sometimes there is snow on the ground.  But seeing as it was just 70 degrees the other day in PA, I am unsure of what to expect this year... but the weatherman says we might get some snow today... so maybe a White Christmas morning?!

10. You just found yourself standing under the mistletoe... who comes up to give you a kiss first?  The hubby of course!! He actually did that to me just the other day when we were at my parent's house! 

Now... TAG, you're it!!  If you are reading this blog consider yourself tagged... but I am also going to tag some of my favorite blogging friends!

Tag Ladies... can't wait to hopefully read your posts!! 
Ashley from Our Mitchell Moments
Erin from Sugar Crumbs
Ashleyrose from A Nelson's Nest
Amanda from From E to V
Elizabeth from Get Busy Living
Trish from Olive Oil Overdose
Maddie Rose from Always Maddie Rose

As always... another edition of who I am thankful for.  Today I am thankful for my hubby.  Throughout the 7 years that we have been together he has ALWAYS been there for me.  He has been my rock.  He has seen me through some of the toughest things that life has thrown my way and he has helped me through all of it.  He is my best friend.  He is the one I can always turn to.  He completes me.  I can't imagine my life without him.  So thank you hubby for being one of the best men that I know.  I love you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!