Image Map

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Times Like These I Want My Mommy

I can't remember the last time I was sick and I mean really sick.  Whenever I am sick I turn into the world's biggest baby and all I want is to be around my mother.  When I was sick my mom used to make me chicken noodle soup, give me ginger ale and let me watch all sorts of TV on the couch.  I would focus on getting better and she was always there to take care of me.

Now that I am a "grown up" and on my own I don't have my mom here to take care of me when I am sick... I have to take care of myself.  And let me say, that is easier said than done.  For the past 24 hours I have had a fever of about 101ish and I want to do absolutely nothing besides sleep.  Eat? Nope. Drink? Nope. Get out of bed? Not really.  I have managed to get out of bed, moving to the couch in the living room.  I tried to eat a little... got maybe a quarter of a bowl of soup down before I was full. And I have been attempting to drink the same cup of tea for oh about 4 hours.

I had all these ideas of things that I wanted to blog about today and instead I am sitting here whining about how sick I feel and how I want my mommy.

Do you ever have days like this? What do you do to snap out of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!