Image Map

Saturday, March 30, 2013

What do you do when...

.... you really dislike your book club book??

When I was younger I always wanted to be in a book club.  I LOVE to read and honestly in my free time (when I'm not trying to plan my wedding) you will find my nose in a book.  A couple of years ago my parents got me a Kindle Fire for Christmas and that has only fueled my reading habit because books are wayyyy cheaper on that plus they have a great selection of FREE books.

Anyways, I digress.  So when someone in the alumnae chapter of my sorority suggested that we start a book club I was all about it!  I was so excited to join... in fact when the leader got pregnant, I even took over running the book club.  Now here is where the problem comes in.  As a group we usually decide what we want to read based on suggestions from the other readers, authors we all like, Chi Omega authors (gotta read some stuff by Chi Omegas since Chi Omega is what got this book club started in the first place), etc.  Well this month's book came HIGHLY recommended by one of our sisters...she said it was one of the best books she has read in a long time, and that it was so good she would LOVE to read it again if we picked it as our book club selection... so naturally we decided to read it.

Book Club is now 3 weeks away and for the past 2 weeks I have been trying to read this book and can't get past chapter 3. It is definitely not something that I would ever pick to read on my own, but then again, isn't the point of book club to get you reading outside of your comfort zone? Obviously I  have to figure out a way to finish reading this book because as book club leader I can't not have read the book.  I keep thinking that maybe it will get better the more I get into reading it... yet I just can't seem to force myself to pick it up and keep reading.

Any suggestions as to how I can jump start my reading?

PS, This is the book....

Have any of you read it and if so... does it get any better?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!