Image Map

Saturday, April 20, 2013

A Stressed out Bride = Emotional Mess

Emotional mess.  Those two words describe how I am feeling perfectly right now.  Up until this point in the wedding planning process things have been going AMAZINGLY WELL, so I knew it was only a matter of time before I had some sort of bridezilla moment.  That bridezilla moment hasn't happened just quite yet, but I feel like it is coming... I don't want it to, but I know it is coming.

Things have been going so smoothly and I had actually really been enjoying planning our wedding.  I have a dress, we have a ceremony location, we have a reception location, we have someone to marry us, we have a bakery, we have our wedding party picked out (mostly), we have our menu set, etc.  We still have a long ways to go... need to pick out flowers, a DJ and invitations being the main things yet... but I know we will get it all done in time and will have an amazing day!

Save the Dates went out yesterday and I have thoroughly been enjoying getting text messages from friends who have received theirs to let me know that they love them and that they are super excited to be a part of our special day.  It makes me feel so awesome that our friends are so excited about our special day.

That all being said... I am completely stressed out and actually spent some time in tears yesterday because of bridesmaid drama.  I am so glad that my bridesmaids are all keeping me in the loop about what is going on, but I am also embarrassed that there is drama going on between them.  I put a lot of thought into who I picked for bridesmaids because well I didn't want there to be drama.  I was in a wedding party where there was a lot of stress between the bridesmaids and it was a TERRIBLE experience for me.  I didn't want to put my own bridesmaids through that.  Yet somehow, they are all going through the exact thing I didn't want them to and that STRESSES ME OUT.  I know it shouldn't stress me out.  I know I should just let it go, but that isn't me.  At this point I even want to say screw the bridal shower & bachelorette party because I feel like it is such an inconvenience and expense for some of them that I don't even really want them to do this for me.
This is how I am feeling right about now...
{via}
I actually thought about e-mailing them all yesterday to tell them to forget the bachelorette and that I would just plan my own.  All I want to do for that is go to the beach with some of my friends.  I am thinking of just saying to people that I am going to plan a beach trip for myself for X weekend in July and anyone who wants to come with me, let me know so I can reserve a hotel room or whatever for the weekend.  This way no one has to shell out money if they don't have to and this way I can also get what I want.  Because I really don't want all the frills of a bachelorette party... I don't want all the typical penis paraphernalia, tiaras, sashes, etc.  I just want to spend a relaxing day on the beach with some of my girlfriends.  I don't even need to go out and party... all I need is a day in the sun.  Hence why I almost feel like just planning my own so that I know that it is a weekend that works for me and that it would be a fun weekend away with any of my girlfriends who want to join us!

We'll see what happens though.   I am going to try to take a step back from everything for a few days and to calm down before I make any rash decisions that I might regret later.  I really am hoping that things all work themselves out and that one day I will look back on all of this and laugh!

Have any of you had to deal with a crazy, stressful bridal party? If so, how did you handle it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!