Image Map

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Delicious Dish Tuesday... Italian Pasta Salad

After taking a week off from recipe posting, I have decided that it is once again time to participate in another Delicious Dish Tuesday with Mary from Eat, Drink and Be Mary, Amanda at Coping with Frugality and Alesha at Full Time Mama.  Be sure to check these ladies out and see what fabulous recipes they have for us this week!

A few weeks ago we went to a BBQ at my parents house and I decided that I was going to try my hand at making an Italian Pasta Salad.  No BBQ is complete without some sort of pasta salad, and since M and I both don't eat mayo, I figured an Italian pasta salad would be a perfect addition to the BBQ menu!  So off to Wegmans I went in search of the perfect ingredients for my salad.  I think it turned out really well and it is definitely something we will be making for future BBQs!



Italian Pasta Salad

Ingredients:
1 Box Rotini
3 medium bell peppers (I used red, yellow and orange)
1 small red onion
1 small can sliced black olives
1 block Monterrey Jack cheese, cubed
1 block Mild Cheddar cheese, cubed
Grape tomatoes, halved
Sliced pepperoni, cut into quarters (we used a hot 'n spicy pepperoni)
Italian dressing
(*Note* You can use any kinds of veggies, pepperonis, cheeses, etc... I just played to my audience... more onions, less tomatoes, etc.)


Directions:
1. Cook pasta according to directions on box.
2. While pasta is cooking prepare all your other ingredients... cut up the peppers, onion, tomatoes, pepperoni, cheese... and put them in a big bowl.





3. Add the pasta to the bowl and mix everything together well.
4. Add 3/4 of the bottle of salad dressing to the pasta and mix well.

5. Chill for approximately 2 hours before serving
6.  Add the remaining salad dressing to the pasta salad just before serving
7. Enjoy!


Eat Drink & Be Mary


1 comment:

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!