Pizza Bubble Ring
1 stick butter, melted
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 cans Grands original flaky biscuits
Package of small pepperoni (I used spicy pepperoni from Wegman's... about 6-7 pepperonis per ball)
8 oz (or more... I used a bit more) of mozzarella cheese, cut into pieces (I used fresh mozzarella and cut it so that I had 2 pieces per ball)
1/4 c Parmesan cheese
1 c pizza sauce
1. Heat oven to 350. Grease a tube pan.
2. In a small bowl mix butter, Italian seasoning and garlic powder
3. Separate one can of dough into individual biscuits. Press or roll each biscuit into a 3" round.
4. Place one slice of mozzarella cheese on the bottom of the biscuit. Add desired number of pepperoni pieces (I used 6-7). Add another slice of mozzarella cheese on top of the pepperoni.
5. Bring dough up around filling and press to seal. Once sealed squeeze ball into desired shape.
6. Roll balls in butter and place in pan.
7. Repeat steps 3-6 with the 2nd can of biscuits and place them in pan on top of the first layer. (I tried to put them in between the first row instead of placing them directly on top of one another)
8. Bake for approximately 1 hour or until golden brown. (I cooked mine for an hour because I am paranoid and wanted to make sure it was cooked all the way through... I would suggest checking it at about 45 minutes)
9. Let cool for 5-10 minutes
10. Place heatproof plate on top of tube pan and turn over to get ring out and on a plate
|One completed ball and the start of another one|
|Pizza balls going into the pan|