Image Map

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Easy Dinner Recipe... Pizza Bubble Ring

I am always looking for new recipes.  I spent a lot of time on Pinterest searching and also subscribe to a bunch of emails from various websites where I get weekly e-mails with recipes in them.  I originally got this recipe from Pillsbury in one of their weekly e-mails. but modified it a bit for the hubby and I.  Overall this was a really easy and tasty recipe... one we will definitely be making again!

Pizza Bubble Ring

Ingredients:
1 stick butter, melted
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 cans Grands original flaky biscuits
Package of small pepperoni (I used spicy pepperoni from Wegman's... about 6-7 pepperonis per ball)
8 oz (or more... I used a bit more) of mozzarella cheese, cut into pieces (I used fresh mozzarella and cut it so that I had 2 pieces per ball)
1/4 c Parmesan cheese
1 c pizza sauce

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350.  Grease a tube pan.
2. In a small bowl mix butter, Italian seasoning and garlic powder
3. Separate one can of dough into individual biscuits.  Press or roll each biscuit into a 3" round.
4. Place one slice of mozzarella cheese on the bottom of the biscuit.  Add desired number of pepperoni pieces (I used 6-7).  Add another slice of mozzarella cheese on top of the pepperoni.
5.  Bring dough up around filling and press to seal.  Once sealed squeeze ball into desired shape.
6.  Roll balls in butter and place in pan.
7. Repeat steps 3-6 with the 2nd can of biscuits and place them in pan on top of the first layer.  (I tried to put them in between the first row instead of placing them directly on top of one another)
8. Bake for approximately 1 hour or until golden brown.  (I cooked mine for an hour because I am paranoid and wanted to make sure it was cooked all the way through... I would suggest checking it at about 45 minutes)
9. Let cool for 5-10 minutes
10.  Place heatproof plate on top of tube pan and turn over to get ring out and on a plate
11. Enjoy!!!

One completed ball and the start of another one

Pizza balls going into the pan
As always another edition of what I am thankful for.  Today I am thankful for the fact that I have a job.  I may not always like my job, but I am thankful that I at least have something that pays the bills.  It may not be glamorous and it may not be ideal... it also may  not be a job that uses my very expensive education, but it is a job to say the least.  There are so many people who are unemployed so I need to be thankful for what I have.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!