Image Map

Friday, January 24, 2014

*Happies & Crappies*... A Link Up

I don't normally participate in linkups (ok, I lie, I participated in a few when I first started blogging, then one here and there throughout the years)... but since in 2014 I am trying to make more of a commitment to my blog, I figure that perhaps posting in a linkup or two could be fun.  I think I participated in this one a long time ago... but I like the idea of looking back on the good and the bad of the week... so I think I might try to start keeping up with this one in the future.  SO... here goes... today I am linking up with Amber at Brunch with Amber for Happies and Crappies.

The Vintage Modern Wife: Happies and Crappies Link Up

Happies:
* I got to spend some extra time with the hubby this week.  Due to the snowstorm we got on Tuesday I was able to spend Monday, Tuesday AND Wednesday night with the love of my life.  If any of you have been following my blog recently you know that we haven't gotten much time together recently, so it meant a lot to me to be able to spend 3 whole nights snuggling on the couch with the love of my life.

* My Erin Condren life planner FINALLY arrived this week!! Thankfully I had the snowday on Tuesday to be able to fill in all sorts of dates and stuff in it.  I am seriously OBSESSED with it.


*Drinking via text messages with some of my bffs.  Since we got so much snow it meant that I didn't get out for girl's night with some of my bffs, but don't you worry we group texted ALL night while drinking so it was like we were all together at girl's night... but not.

*All this snow meant that I got a TON of cleaning/organizing done around our place.  Almost all of our wedding gifts have officially found homes... only took like 3 months to be finally get this done!

*Hot Chocolate... lots of hot chocolate during my snow days!


Crappies:
*Snow storm on Tuesday meant no work on Tuesday night which meant hit to my income.  One of the downfalls of working in the service industry is that if the restaurant is closed I don't get paid.  Although this was no bueno, the upside of it was one of my happies... getting to spend time with the hubby.

*Again with the snow... I did NOT enjoy digging my car out of the snow on Wednesday when the temperature didn't get above 7 degrees here... and don't get me started on that wind chill!  It was FREEZING!

*More snow related crappies... Zumba on Wednesday night was cancelled because of Tuesday's snowstorm.  I am telling you people... this snow really screwed up my week!

Overall I think this was a pretty good week... well minus the snow screwing up all sorts of things....

As always... another edition of what I am thankful for.  Today I am thankful for the fact that I live in a place that has all four seasons.  I know it may not seem like it because I spent almost this entire post complaining about the fact that we got snow... I wouldn't have it any other way.  As much as I love the warm weather and swear that I want to move somewhere that is warm all year round, we all know I wouldn't be happy with that.  I love the changing seasons.  I love the leaves in fall... I love the flowers in spring... I love the heat and hot weather in summer... and sometimes I love the snow.  I may not be a winter person, but I am thankful that I get to experience all of the seasons and the unique things they bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!