Image Map

Thursday, November 6, 2014

#tbt... The Original 3

Recently I have seen a lot of people posting about "home" and where exactly that is for them.  At this point in my life, "home" is where my husband is, but "home" is also where I grew up.  When people ask me where I am from I automatically say "I am originally from Northern New Jersey, but am currently living in West Chester."  I don't know if that response will ever change... I mean I am sure it will once we have a house and settle down somewhere for good... but for now "home" means a few places for me.  When thinking about home it makes me think about when I first moved down here for law school.  I didn't know anyone besides Mark and I had heard such horror stories about law school that I was convinced that I would never make any friends.  Thankfully fate stepped in and my car broke down.... I was already in a ton of debt from school and I knew I would never be able to afford to fix it, so I knew I needed a job.  I did what any normal law student would do, and started to apply for restaurant jobs at the 4 restaurants located across the street from my school.  I didn't have a car, so I had to be able to walk to work.  I ended up getting hired as a hostess at Friday's and the rest is history.  Through working at Friday's I met two of my best friends in the entire world.  Sure there was a group of us that grew and then shrunk and then grew and then shrunk again... but 2 of the girls have remained my besties through it all.  We call ourselves the "Original 3" or "O3" for short... and I don't think West Chester would feel even remotely like "home" to me if it weren't for these two girls.  So today's #tbt post is going to be a look back at the "O3" and how we have grown together through the years!


First Night we all ever hung out together

Original 3

First Christmas together
















These girls have been there for me through thick and thin.  We have celebrated accomplishments such as graduations, engagements, weddings, new jobs... We have been there for each other through losses such as breakups and deaths.  No matter the distance (when one of us moved to NC) we have always managed to stay in touch and pick up right where we left off.  I love these girls so much and don't think I ever would have been as happy as I am here had I not met them. 

Have you ever moved and made friends who made your new home really feel more like home?

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures!

    And yes, I've made friends after we've moved. We have to move every few years thanks to the military and friends do help!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!