Image Map

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Relaxing Weekend @ Lake Wallenpaupak

This past weekend the bf and I headed up to Lake Wallenpaupak with some friends for a nice relaxing weekend away.  Our friend ML has been trying to get us all to go up to his family's lake house probably since we graduated from Bucknell and after 3 years we FINALLY made it up there.  We headed up on Friday and of course the bf and I were the first ones there, so we played cards in the back of the car for a while, and then hung out on the back deck while waiting for our host to get there.  Here is our view from the back deck... how gorgeous is this?!


When ML finally arrived we decided to grill for dinner and then wait for the rest of the guests to arrive.  Everyone was there safe and sound by about midnight.  My best friend N and I decided to go to bed fairly early because we were determined to get up early and have a cup of coffee out on the back deck early the next morning. 

Saturday started off as planned with N and I having our coffee out on the deck.  It was sooooo incredibly relaxing... almost makes me want to buy a house out that way just so that I can relax like that on weekend mornings in the summer. 

This was our view during our morning coffee.

After coffee N and I decided that even though it wasn't the sunniest of days that we were going to make the best of things and claim the chairs down by the lake and start trying to get some sun.  Some of the boys came down to join us and get the boat/jet skis ready for the day, but the rest of the girls just stayed inside because it was too cold out.  Personally I thought it was colder up on the deck than it was down by the Lake.  It was ok that no one joined us because N and I had some good conversations and were able to catch up more than we had on the phone a few nights earlier. 

View from my Chair

The boys finally got everything up and running and the day was filled with jet ski rides, boat rides, drinks down by the water and of course reading some Cosmo out loud for all to hear.  All and all it was a really relaxing day filled with lots of laughs and lots of good times with amazing friends.  After spending the day by the lake we went to The Boathouse for dinner and drinks.  The Boathouse was a nice restaurant though they need to learn how to cook their chicken better.  The theme for all the chicken dishes was a really burnt outside, but the chicken inside was pretty tender.  Dinner was also interesting because we had some complainers with us.  I'm not going to mention any names or initials just because well I don't know if any of them read this, but in a way I felt like I had to defend the restaurant business to them because they just didn't seem to understand how things worked and how sometimes things don't always go as planned. Maybe it's because I work in the restaurant business or maybe I'm just more tolerant, but I really was upset at how these people were getting upset and handling things.  Hope they tipped our waitress well because there was no gratuity on the check, and for us being a party of 11 she did a pretty good job with it all.

After dinner N headed home and the rest of us headed out to play mini-golf.  The mini-golf course was close to impossible because it was just very tricky and the holes just didn't make sense at all.  MM, the g-little and I ended up in a tie for first out of the 10 of us and I think we were only a couple of strokes over par!  Go us!  After golf we headed back to the house for some drinking and TV watching.  We watched Whitney Cummings on Comedy Central and omg is she funny!  I'm not really one for watching Comedy Central unless I am watching Jeff Dunham BUT I think that if I can find out when Whitney Cummings is on I may start watching it more.  Seriously if you haven't seen her, she is a MUST see... I think I'd even consider going to see her live if it was at all possible.  *fingers crossed* that she comes to AC or to somewhere in Philly!

Sunday was a rainy day so the bf and I headed home after breakfast.  I think the others were considering going to a movie or something, but we decided that if we were going to be stuck inside we'd like to be stuck inside at our home.  All in all it was a fun weekend and I really enjoyed getting out and just relaxing before my first week back at work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!