Image Map

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Central PA Fun

This weekend was Mark's Family Reunion out in central PA.  Every year the Benson side of his family gets together at the family cabin for some food, fun, and an amusing auction.  Everyone cooks something for a pot luck type lunch... this year Mark made a delicious pumpkin pie (I didn't eat any there, but had some today that was delicious, so I can only assume yesterday's was just as good).  After lunch I learned how to play this washers game... it's kind of a combination of horseshoes and that game with the beanbags that we play when tailgating for the Phillies (yes, I know real descriptive, but I don't know how else to explain it).  Needless to say, it was NOT my game, I don't think I got one washer in the hole, thus explaining why Mark and I lost terribly.  After getting our butts kicked I felt it was best to sit out and observe and man, is his family interesting.  There was a lot going on and all I can really say is wow.

Besides spending time at the family reunion we also went to the races... again.  I was really bored on Friday night... time trials and small heats are not exciting enough for me.  I actually found myself dozing off at one point... whoops! The most amusing part of the night was Terry (Mark's mom's bf) throwing peanuts at me and me throwing them right back at him.  He is definitely a kid at heart!  On Saturday night the races were a lot more fun, I didn't even mind the time trials too much.  We placed quarter bets on all of the heats and I actually won one of the heats because I bet on the only girl racing and she kicked some butt!  She later was pretty bad in the feature race, but apparently that's only because she just started racing in the 410s (look at me acting like I know something about racing ;))  I also had a good time cheering for the 0 car because he's a Jersey Boy and you know that no matter where I live I'll always be true to my Jersey roots!  Overall it wasn't a bad night... though it can never be a bad night when you're in good company, which I sure was.

Now it's back home and back to the grind.  I'm thinking that tomorrow maybe I'll start cleaning the house... I'm finding it really hard to occupy my time now that I don't have the bar exam to study for, so I think we're really going to get a clean house out of this.  Also going to start getting into the job hunt again, because although I have a prospect (more on that in another entry) I want to make sure that I have something solid before I have to start repaying my loans.  I can't keep living off of Mark forever... though I am eternally grateful for all of his support this summer both emotionally, mentally, and financially.  I'm not sure I would have made it through the summer with any sort of sanity left had it not been for him.

I guess that's all for now... lots of rambling on tonight... I swear I'll get better at this as time goes on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!