Image Map

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Walking to End Alzheimer's

If you've been following my blog these past couple of months (basically since I started it) you know that last Saturday was the Alzheimer's Association 2010 Memory Walk in Wilmington, DE.  I was really excited about this walk because I was excited to be doing something to help those with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia.  The bf and I ended up raising $775 for the walk... our team goal was $750... so we were able to exceed that which made me super happy!

The Memory Walk was not at all what I expected because never in a million years did I think that so many people would be there to walk.  Sure I know that lots of people do things like this, but they are usually to support breast cancer, leukemia, etc., you don't hear about the walks that are in support of the lesser known diseases (like Alzheimer's). 
Park Full of People Waiting for the Walk to Start

People Walking Behind Us During the Walk

The 3 miles went really quickly and I was really glad that we were able to do this.  It was also really nice that one of my best friends came down from Philly to walk with the bf and I.  Having the support and encouragement of so many of my friends is definitely what made this walk all the more special for me.
NS, the bf, & I Before the Walk Started

NS & I at the End of the Walk with the Pirate Ship

Overall the walk was very successful and I felt GREAT after it was over.  A BIG THANKS to everyone who supported and encouraged me throughout this.  Can't wait until Memory Walk 2011!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!