Image Map

Thursday, February 26, 2015

#tbt... Grammy's Birthday

Yesterday my Grammy turned 85 years young.  I say 85 years young because although she may be getting older, I still have so many found memories of her over the years and no matter how old she may get, she will always be that cool Grammy that I remember.  Growing up my Grammy was always up on the latest trends, wore jeans better than any other grandma I knew, and was always out there kicking the soccer ball or throwing a baseball or engaging in some sort of activity with my little brother and I.  She helped to instill in me my love of reading and my love of learning.  Grammy was the reason that until high school I was convinced that I was going to become a Kindergarten teacher just like she was.  My Grammy was loved by all of her students and to this day people will still tell anyone in my family how much they loved my grandma as a teacher, how much my grandma helped them as a student, how much my grandma helped their child in the classroom, etc.  There is nothing that makes me more proud than knowing that Grammy was able to touch so many lives.

As she has gotten older, Grammy has developed Alzheimer's and her memory isn't quite what it used to be.  I know it worries my mom that I will only have memories of Grammy the way she is now, but that is definitely not the case.  I have so many wonderful memories of Grammy from growing up that no matter how sick she ever gets, I will always remember that sharp, witty, playful Grammy that I grew up with for most of my life.

In honor of Grammy's 85th birthday, today I am going to throw it back to her birthdays over the past few years!!  I love you Grammy!!


Nothing like a snowy birthday in NJ for Grammy


Trendy new pocketbook for her 80th birthday!
Last year's birthday

What are some of your favorite memories with your grandparents?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!