Image Map

Thursday, October 23, 2014

#tbt... Honeymooning in Paris & Barcelona

This week has been a whirlwind as there has been something to do at almost every moment of the day and it is tiring.  M and I went away for the weekend to celebrate the marriage of one of my Chi Omega sisters and then we extended our trip until Tuesday so that we could celebrate our anniversary.  Tuesday we came back and got right into our regularly scheduled crazy schedule and it has been non-stop since.  I am pretty sure it is going to be non-stop for a while to... I think we slow down a bit in December?!?!?  That being said, today marks 1 year since we left for our honeymoon in Paris and Barcelona and since I am soooooo longing for a trip back there, I figured that would be a perfect #tbt post for today!


Now some of you may know this while others may not, but our honeymoon was a surprise to me.  I left M in charge of planning the honeymoon and he surprised me at my bridal shower by letting me know where we were going.  Let me tell you, excited does not begin to describe how I felt when I learned the trip that he had planned for us.  First we headed to Paris for a few days, and then we were off to my 2nd favorite city in Spain, Barcelona!  To say I had fun would be an understatement.  This was by far one of the best trips I have ever taken!  So thanks to M for being such a wonderful husband and knowing EXACTLY what type of a honeymoon I would want and for making it happen for us!

First stop was Paris where we enjoyed walking for miles upon miles around the city taking in the sites.  We visited the Museum of Natural History, Notre Dame, the Arc de Triumphe, and the Eiffel Tower among other things.  We also did our first ever wine tasting together and are now pretty much hooked on wine tastings!









Mark had so sweetly made us a personalized lock to put on the bridge, but somehow I left it at home, so I made us a new one!




Champagne toast at the top of the Eiffel Tower


Wine Tasting!!
After a few days in Paris we were off to explore Barcelona where we did things like take a boat cruise around the city, visited many of Gaudi's architectural wonders and drank lots and lots of sangria.  One of my favorite things about our visit to Barcelona was going to see La Sagrada Familia church as it is a work in progress and I was excited to see how things had changed in the 7 years since I had been there!














La Sagrada Familia


Where my wedding dress was made!



Have you ever gone on a trip that was so amazing you wish you could relive it?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!