Image Map

Thursday, March 6, 2014

A Few of my Favorite Things

Holly over at "hey, hollywood" recently wrote a post about some of her favorite things in order to help people figure out what to get her for her 30th birthday so that people who read her blog could get to know her a bit better.  Since I have decided to make the commitment in 2014 to putting myself out there with my blog, I figure I could stand to let people get to know me a bit better.  So based off of Holly's post... here are a few of MY favorite things...

Favorite Color: Pink.  I LOVE all things girly and pink.  I think that might be why I was so in love with everything the girls gave me at my bachelorette party... lots of things pink and girly!  Although I may say that my favorite color is pink, if you ask my friends some of them will probably tell  you orange and blue because a) they were my wedding colors (but come on, there is NO WAY M was going to let me have a pink wedding) and b) they are Bucknell's colors and we all know how much Bucknell pride I have!

Rocking out in all my cool bachelorette gear
Favorite Animal(s):  This is another no brainer... owls and giraffes!  The owl obsession stems from being in Chi Omega and giraffes stems from a silly Robot Chicken video.

This is the video that started the giraffe obsession....

Favorite Team: New York Giants... hands down.

Favorite Food: Probably hummus.  I could eat hummus all day, every day.

Favorite Wine: Recently I have been hooked on Cupcake Vineyard's Pinot Noir... although while I was in Florida for CS's bridal shower/bachelorette her sister introduced me to Cupcake Vineyard's Red Velvet wine which might come in a close second... and I didn't think I even liked Red Blends!

Favorite Work Our Apparel:  Well since I haven't really been working out much (I really need to work on getting back in shape) I don't know that I have a favorite.  BUT I love yoga pants and I just got a t-shirt from Zumba that is pretty comfy (btw... I am Zumba OBSESSED right now!)

Favorite TV Show(s):  Ok, so I definitely have a LOT of guilty pleasures when it comes to TV shows. Elementary might be one of my absolute favorites (but I think it is just because M proposed while we were watching an episode of it, so it holds a special place in my heart).  I also don't miss an episode of Pretty Little Liars, Revenge, NCIS, NCIS:LA, The Good Wife, Rizzoli & Isles, Covert Affairs, and CSI.  Most of these M & I watch together so we quite often have a very full DVR.

Favorite Outfit: Probably my jersey material black dress that I dress up with various brightly colored scarves.  I pretty much LOVE wearing dresses and can't wait until the weather is warmer so that I can break them out again!!

Favorite Game: Scrabble

Favorite Number: Either 5 or 12... they have been my favorite numbers since I met two famous soccer players when I was in middle school.  5 was Steve Jolley of the MetroStars and 12 was Mike Petke of the MetroStars.  I got their autographs and pictures taken with them and I was obsessed

Favorite Season: Fall.  Anyone who knows me will tell you that Fall is my absolute FAVORITE time of year.. and all season long you will have to listen to me talk about how much I love the season.

Favorite Scent(s): Pine trees... I just love the smell of having a Christmas tree in the house.  In fact I have a number of candles that are pine scented so that I can have the smell all year long!

Favorite Actor/Actress: This is a tough one... I'm not so sure that I have a favorite actor/actress since no one is really popping to mind when I think of this.  Am I weird because of that??

Favorite Hobbies: Zumba, reading, hanging with my girls, hanging with my hubby, brewery tours, blogging... ya know... the usual

Favorite Musician(s) (Band, Solo Artist, Group, Etc.): Being that I am a Jersey girl I am sure you could guess that Bon Jovi is one of my all time favorite musicians.  BUT I also do enjoy country music so Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, and Blake Shelton are up there on my list of favorites too!

Favorite Place Visited: Hands down, Spain.  If I had to narrow it down it would be either Granada or Barcelona.  Granada because I lived there for almost 6 months and Barcelona because I visited there when I was living in Granada and LOVED it... then M took me back there for part of our honeymoon!

What are a few of your favorite things?

As always, today I am saying thank you to the O3.  You ladies created my obsession with giraffes and I don't know where I would be without you two ladies.  You were two of the first friends I made when I moved down this way for law school and I never would have survived without you.  I know that we don't see each other or talk to each other as much as we used to (please know that I miss you girls), but no matter what you will always be two of my besties and I would do ANYTHING for you! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!