Image Map

Friday, March 28, 2014

*Happies & Crappies* ... A Link Up

I can't believe that another week has gone by... seriously, where is the time going?! I feel like it was just yesterday that I was writing a Friday post recapping my week.  But once again, today I am linking up with Amber at Brunch with Amber & Stephanie at The Vintage Modern Wife for Happies and Crappies.

Happies:
* I truly have some of the best friends in the entire world.  I wasn't having the best of days yesterday and their inspirational text messages definitely helped brighten my mood.
* I finally pulled the trigger and bought myself a "Wifey" sweatshirt from Hello Darling!  I was torn between the black with the white writing or the pink with the black writing... but ended up going for the black because well I think I will get the most wear out of that one.  I also love that when I posted the picture on Instagram and tagged Hello Darling in it I immediately got a comment saying that I will be able to rock this sweatshirt (I had expressed some doubt that I would look good in it) If that isn't great customer service then I don't know what is!

*Only 2 weeks until we are on our way to Williamsburg, VA to celebrate the marriage of one of my best friends/bridesmaids CS to JW.  I am sooooo incredibly excited to see both of them and to be a part of their special day!  I am also super excited that they were able to use our table numbers that I ordered and that arrived AFTER our wedding ceremony even though they were supposed to be there 3 days before!

*I also found out yesterday that one of my other best friends/bridesmaids is moving back to the East Coast from AZ.  I am soooooooo excited that I am going to be able to see her more often and that it will no longer be a twice a year kind of thing!  I can't wait to have my partner in crime back here at the end of next month!!!!!


Crappies:
* Remember that job interview that I talked about here... well I got my favorite e-mail in the world about it yesterday.  The "despite your impressive qualifications we decided to go with another applicant that better suited our needs" that ended with "we will keep your resume on file if any opportunities arise in the future".  I was so hoping and praying that I would get this job... but I guess it just isn't my time yet.  Keeping my fingers crossed that something else comes my way soon!  That is really my only crappy of the week but for whatever reason it has really gotten me down.  I have tried so hard to be positive during this whole job searching thing, but I truly am starting to feel defeated and like I am going to be stuck in the restaurant business forever. 

Today I am super thankful for my amazing girlfriends.  I am sure I have thanked them here before, but this week when I needed just a little extra love they were all there for me in a heartbeat offering words of encouragement and reminding me to never give up.  In life is is so important to have a few really good friends and I am so thankful that I have so many amazing women in my life who I know will always be there for me!  You girls are simply amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!