|Elizabeth's Cheez-It Chicken Fingers with a side of mac 'n cheese... delicious!|
Now, without further ado...
Firey Chile Beef
adapted from the Slow Cooker cookbook
1 flank steak (about 1-1 1/2 lbs)
1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tsp. garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 can chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce
1 tsp. adobo sauce from the can
8 flour tortillas
Shredded Mexican cheese
Any additional toppings you may desire
1. Cut flank steak into evenly sliced pieces.
2. Place flank steak, tomatoes with juice, beans, onion, garlic, salt, cumin, and black pepper into a greased slow cooker.
3. Dice chile peppers.
4. Add peppers and adobo sauce to slow cooker and mix well.
5. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
6. Serve with tortillas, Mexican cheese and sour cream (or any additional toppings you desire)