Image Map

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Stouted Pork & Kraut

After taking a bunch of time off from coming up with new meals I have finally found my cooking mojo again.  Thank goodness because even I have to admit I was getting a bit tired of having the same things over and over again.  I am hoping that in the coming weeks I can continue to get out of my funk and can start sharing some amazing recipes with you again!  This past week I decided that I wanted to do some cooking with beer and made a pork and sauerkraut creation in our crock pot!  I was a little nervous about how it was going to turn out, but when I came home from my all day CLE (continuing legal education) class I was welcomed home by a delicious aroma so I had high hopes for the recipe!  Thankfully it did NOT disappoint.  M's only complaint was that he wished I had served it with mashed potatoes instead of broccoli... but hey, now I know what the man wants for the next time I make it!!



Stouted Pork & Sauerkraut

Ingredients:
1 pkg (32 oz.) sauerkraut
1 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
1 can Guiness (or I am sure you can substitute your favorite beer)
1 pork tenderloin (ours was about 2 lbs)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4. tsp Paprika

Directions:
1.  Place sauerkraut into slow cooker. Sprinkle sugar evenly over sauerkraut.  Pour beer all over.


2. Place pork on top of the sauerkraut mixture.


3. Sprinkle evenly with salt, garlic powder and Paprika.


4. Cover. Cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 12 hours.
5. Pull apart pork in crock pot.
6. Enjoy!

Today I am linking up with Eat, Drink and Be Mary, Coping With Frugality, and  Full Time Mama for delicious dish Tuesday!

Eat Drink & Be Mary

1 comment:

  1. This is the perfect recipe for my husband- he'd LOVE it! I'm with you on the cooking funk. I hate when I feel like that, and it's always nice to get back in the swing of things. I've been coming up with some fun, yummy recipes lately but I keep forgetting to keep track of ingredients and such... But we're all thrilled to have some new recipes to eat! :)
    Thank you so much for linking up with us at Delicious Dish Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!