So without further ado....
(recipe adapted from a recipe found on Pinterest via Baker's Royale)
Graham Cracker Layer:
1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
7 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 c. flour
1 c + 2 Tbsp. sugar
1/3 c. + 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 stick butter, melted and warm
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. instant coffee
1/2 c. hot coffee
5 egg whites (I used extra large eggs)
1 1/2 c. sugar
2/3 c. dark chocolate (I used Nestle Dark chocolate morsels)
2 Tbsp. heavy cream
4 Tbsp. powdered sugar
4 Tbsp warm water
1. Place a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 350.
2. Reserve 2 Tbsp. of graham cracker crumbs and pour the rest into a bowl with the melted butter. Mix to combine.
3. Add approximately 1 Tbsp. of mixture to each cup (12 cups) and firmly press crumbs down.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
5. While graham crackers are baking... add flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt in a bowl, mixing thoroughly.
6. Add in the butter, eggs and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute.
7. Add in the instant coffee and hot coffee, beating for 30 seconds until the batter is smooth. (Batter will be thin enough to pour)
8. Divide the batter evenly among the graham cracker crusted cups.
9. Bake 18-22 minutes. (ours took about 22 minutes)
10. While the cupcakes are baking, make the marshmallow frosting... combine egg whites and sugar in a bowl placed over simmering water.
11. Bring mixture to 160 degrees while whisking constantly.
12. Transfer mixture to a bigger bowl and mix using a mixer with a whisk attachment on medium-high speed until mixture cools and doubles in volume (takes about 12-15 minutes).
13. Place dark chocolate and heavy cream in a bowl over simmering water and let sit for 2-3 minutes to melt chocolate without stirring.
14. Slowly stir mixture to combine.
15. Add powdered sugar and mix to combine.
16. Add water 1 Tbsp at a time, mixing after each addition until pouring consistency is reached.
17. Set aside chocolate glaze to cool.
18. Using approximately 1/4 of the marshmallow frosting, add a thin layer of frosting to each cupcake.
19. Dip the frosted cupcake in chocolate glaze until covered.
20. Dust with graham cracker crumbs.
21. Use the remaining 3/4 of the frosting to frost the cupcakes on top of the chocolate glaze.
22. Use a torch of some type (my husband used a small propane torch, but you can totally use a kitchen torch if you have one) to "toast" the marshmallow frosting.