Image Map

Monday, August 11, 2014

One of my Favorite Weekends of the Year... Lake Vacation 2014

If you read my post  from Thursday then you know I was soooooooo excited about heading to Lake Wallenpaupack for what is always a weekend filled with friends, fun, and sun.  This year was NO exception.  In fact this year was so much fun that we decided that from now on the 2nd weekend in August, EVERY year we will be heading up to beautiful Lake Wallenpaupack for a weekend away!

I worked on Thursday night so M and I decided that we would leave after lunch on Friday to head up.  Of course before heading out we had to make pit stops for beer and for supplies for my infamous sangria.  I decided to volunteer for the drive out as M always drives so I thought it might be nice for him to be a passenger.  I think he enjoyed taking pictures and "relaxing" for once while we were on a trip... although he did take the time criticize my driving a few times... but I maintain that I drove perfectly well the entire way there!

Once we got to the lake it was time to unpack the car and then get our relaxing on.  It took us no time to crack open some beers and get to relaxing on the deck with a beautiful view of Lake Wallenpaupack.

Feet up, beer in hand, view of the deck... not a bad start to my Friday!


Friday night was really just spend lounging around on the deck, playing some beer pong and going out to dinner with some of our favorites.






Saturday morning I was up bright and early for no apparent reason which was fine because it gave me time to enjoy a little coffee.  Once everyone was up we headed outside to play some cornhole and to wait for JG and her fiance to arrive before going out for an afternoon on the boat.





Pretty much ALL of Saturday afternoon was spent out on the boat drinking, catching up and enjoying each others' company.










Saturday night we fired up the grill and had a delicious dinner of BBQ chicken and grilled veggies.  And of course NO lake weekend is complete without some S'mores by the fire!  





I was sad to see Sunday morning come and even more upset that we had to leave to head back home so that I could work on Sunday night.  Weekends at the Lake are NEVER long enough and I am thinking that perhaps we need to make it a week long vacation instead of just a weekend!  Although if it is a week I seriously may NEVER leave!

What did you do this weekend?

PS, today I am linking up with B Loved Boston and Champagne and Suburbs for their "Weekending Link Up" 

PPS, today I am also linking up with Meg at Life of Meg for Mingle Mondays!

Mingle 240



3 comments:

  1. What a great weekend and how fun that you guys are going to make it a tradition now!! Thanks for linking up and happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a blast Elizabeth. You deserve it girl. That water looked a tad bit rough. Was it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great weekend! The lake looks fanatastic!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!