Image Map

Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day Y'all

I have tried to avoid all the Valentine's Day hubbub around blog land, Facebook, Instagram, etc. but here the day has come and I can't help but acknowledge it.  M & I have never really celebrated Valentine's Day on the actual day because well things have always been in the way. Our 1st Valentine's Day as a couple... he was at Bucknell, I was home in NJ.  Valentine's Days after that included me having a broken ankle and not being able to walk well, me working (the past 2 years... and I will be working tomorrow), M being on a crazy shift at work... so needless to say it has never been a priority to celebrate it in our household.  That being said, we usually do SOMETHING to celebrate the day... just usually not on the day itself.  This year will be no different... we will both work tomorrow M during the day and me at night so we won't see each other until Saturday.  No biggie.

As much as I am all for showing the ones you love in your life how much you love them, Valentine's Day still bugs me.  Why do we need one specific day a year to let people know that we love them?  Why can't we just show them how much we care on a random Tuesday? Or a random Saturday? Or whenever?  There is all this hype about Valentine's Day, but I truly believe that we should be letting people know we care about them randomly throughout the year... not on a day that the rest of the world tells us that we should show our loved ones how much we appreciate them.  I am not going to pretend that I don't love when M sends me flowers on Valentine's Day or gives me a card in which he writes a message telling me how much he loves me and how much I mean to him... because I do love those things.  I just wish things like that happened on a more random basis... not because that is what is supposed to happen.

With that rant behind me... I do want to take the time to wish each and every one of you a very happy Valentine's Day.  May it be filled with all things pink, chocolate and lovey dovey!  May you realize how much you are loved by your family, friends, blogging buddies, etc.  I truly do hope that everyone has a wonderful day.

As always... today I am thankful for friends and family who let me know on a regular basis how much they love me.  I know that may seem shallow and superficial, but I am so thankful that I have so many people in my life who tell me all the time that the love me, that they are proud of me, that they are so thankful to have me in their lives.  It is always nice to know that people care about you, and I want them to know that it does NOT go unnoticed.  Love you all to the moon and back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!