Image Map

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Super Bowl XLVIII... At Least We Had a Fun Party

For those of you who know me, you know that I am a pretty big HUGE football fan!  I love my New York Giants and will cheer for them every week no matter how terribly they are playing... and let's face it, this season was just that... terrible.  Even though the Giants had no hopes at making it to the Super Bowl this year... even though it would have been super cool since it was  being played at MetLife... or, if I am being real here they didn't even have a chance at making it to the playoffs despite being in the worst division ever this year, I was super excited for the Super Bowl.

See ever since we moved into our "new" (by new I mean 3 years ago) apartment we have been hosting a Super Bowl party which has come to be one of my favorite events of the year.  We provide the beer, wine & liquor... plus our famous chili, some other snacks and desserts... and then we ask all of our friends to bring their favorite appetizer or dessert.  We get all kinds of goodies ranging anywhere from bacon wrapped scallops, to Asian style spare ribs, to crab dip, to buffalo chicken dip, etc.  It always ends up being an amazing time filled with so much fun and laughs.

This year was no different and we were really excited because M refitted our kegorater that we got as a wedding gift so that we could have two, yes you read that correctly TWO, sixtels of beer for the party.  Now again, those of you who know me & M know that this is a HUGE deal because well we are pretty much craft beer fanatics... we love visiting different breweries or just buying every random bottle of beer that we can find at the store.  We were especially excited because M ordered kegs of Victory's Golden Monkey and Stone Brewing Company's Arrogant Bastard... two of our very favorite beers.

This year we of course made our famous chili, M made his delicious homemade guacamole and I of course turned to Pinterest to try out a few different recipes.... Reeses Cookie Cupcakes and Pizza Layer Dip.  Both turned out delicious and looked pretty similar to the pictures that I had seen on Pinterest (of course I am lame and by the time I had all the food out I had abandoned my camera and didn't score any good pics). But even though I didn't take pictures, stay tuned for the recipes because I think they were pretty darn good... too good to not share with everyone!

About 10 of our friends showed up for the party and I am pretty sure we all had more fun talking and catching up than actually watching the game.  It was evident fairly early on that it was going to be a runaway game... and after halftime none of us really cared what was going on because none of us were really invested in the game.  I'm just glad that I had the night off and that I was able to spend it with some of my favorite people!!  Since I didn't remember to have my camera out during the game to take pics of the party peeps, enjoy some pics I took before everyone arrived... this is the first year I "decorated" a bit for the party... so of course I had to take pics.  PLUS I actually got M to hang a bunch of artwork and picture frames that have been sitting against the wall for months... so that was also very exciting!

Welcoming Everyone to the Party

Poll to see if we could guess who the winner would be

Got M to hang up some pictures on the wall that have been sitting around since the wedding
No Party is complete without a drinking game!


RIP NYG
Keg-o-Rater is ready to go! & notice my masterpiece proudly hanging above it!

Using my Bride mug from M for some delicious Golden Monkey
How was your Super Bowl? Did you have a party? 

As always, today I would like to say Thank You to you.  To those of you who read my blog and who leave me comments.  I have been reading a lot of blog posts recently where bloggers have been brought down by what other people have said about them and I am noticing that this is pretty much a common trend around the blog world. I am so thankful that those of you who read this blog seem to always have something positive to say or even if it isn't positive you find a constructive way to tell me your views instead of bashing, criticizing, etc.  So thank you.  Thank you kind readers for being who  you are and for helping me to find my voice in this blogging world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!