Image Map

Monday, February 3, 2014

CS' Bridal Shower & Bachelorette Party

Despite the long journey to get to Florida for CS' bridal shower and bachelorette party, the rest of the weekend couldn't have been more fun!  It was so awesome to get to see CS and her family... they are all always a barrel of laughs.  I was so excited that M and I could make the trip to Sarasota for the shower & bachelorette as CS is one of my closest friends (she was a bridesmaid in my wedding!) & she did so much for me before my wedding I couldn't imagine not being there for her as she gets one step closer to walking down the aisle.

We were up early on Saturday morning so that I could head to the shower location early with MS and CS2 to pick up dessert for the shower and to set up.  As was the story of my life with the trip so far, obstacles definitely stood in our way.  We showed up to the bakery where we were supposed to be able to pick up the cupcakes as 10am and of course they weren't ready.  We were a little nervous, but decided to use our time wisely putting together the "poofs" that we were going to use to decorate for the shower.
Now I had used poofs similar to these at another shower a few years ago, so I knew they were a pain to put together... and of course they were, but no worries we had plenty of time while waiting for the cupcakes so MS's car became poof filled.

We made it to the restaurant a little behind schedule, but that was ok because we are professional bridesmaids so we knew exactly what to do when we got there.  We got everything set up with time to spare!  Go us!



The bride-to-be arrived... despite car troubles and having to hitch a ride... and the shower was ready to start.  CS had friends and family from near and far there for the shower and we were all ready to have a good time.  We played games such as "What's in Your Purse" and then Bridal Shower BINGO while watching CS open her presents.




When the shower was over we of course couldn't leave without having a bride, bridesmaid, family photo shoot!





After the shower we headed back to CS' house to relax for a little bit before heading out to the Bachelorette Party!  While hanging out I had a photo shoot with my new bff Woody the Nutcracker!




Off to Painting With A Twist we went for what promised to be a super fun night of drinking wine and painting.  I have to admit that I was quite nervous at first because painting has never been my forte, but the way they do this you don't need to be a master artist to create a masterpiece as they teach you what you need to do step by step.  And I must say, after drinking almost an entire bottle of wine myself, I think my painting turned out pretty darn good.








After Painting With A Twist we headed back to the CS household to hang out with the boys and do some more wine drinking.




Sunday was MS's 1st wedding anniversary and since her hubby is currently deployed we had a fun time with the S family celebrating her special day... culminating with a lovely dinner out.  Sunday was a low key night as we had to get up at the crack of dawn on Monday morning for our flight back to Philly.  All in all it was a fantastic weekend filled with so many good times and memories.  I am so glad that M and I were able to make the trip and that we were able to share in this special weekend for CS.

I can't wait until April 12th when I get to be there front and center as one of my best friends, CS, marries the love of her life, JW.

As always I am thankful for friends like CS and JW who made it possible for us to make it to the shower and bachelorette party.  When they would have rather been sleeping they made the drive to the airport to pick us up without any complaints.  They were there for us in a pinch and we are so lucky to have people like them in our lives.  We are so excited for them to begin the next stage of their lives together and are so thankful that we will be able to be there to help them make those memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!