Image Map

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Quick and Easy Parmesan Chicken

Since M is now on first shift these days and I don't work Monday and Wednesday nights we have had a lot more time to cook together which has been awesome.  We have been rediscovering some of our long time favorite recipes that we had forgotten about and it has been so nice to just go through our recipe books and find things to cook together.

When we went to Costco the last time (not our Valentine's Day trip) we accidentally bought a huge package of chicken breast strips instead of just chicken breasts.  Now the fact that we got the strips instead of the actual chicken breasts has thrown a cramp in my chicken cooking style, so I have been trying to find recipes where we have to actually cube the chicken because the strips are already part way cut for us making things a bit easier.  This week I decided to make a Parmesan Chicken recipe that I got a few years ago from I am not even sure where at this point.  It is pretty quick to put together... takes about maybe 15-20 minutes of prep time and then a half hour to cook... so all in all a pretty quick and easy week night dinner recipe!  And of course M and I both enjoy it... so again it is a winner in my book.

Parmesan Chicken

Ingredients:
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 stick unsalted butter
1 c. breadcrumbs
1 c. Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
2 pinches of Italian seasoning
1/8 tsp. black pepper
2 lbs. skinless, boneless chicken, cut into 2" pieces


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 450
2. Wash chicken and cut into 2" pieces.  Pat the chicken dry with paper towels
3. Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl.  Once the butter is melted, stir in the garlic.

4. In another bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, garlic salt, Italian seasoning and black pepper.

5. Dip chicken into the garlic butter, then into the breadcrumb mixture to coat.



6. Place coated chicken pieces in a baking dish.
7. Drizzle with remaining garlic butter and breadcrumb mixture.
8. Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.

9. Enjoy!

This is M getting in my way... I told him I needed to take a picture of the finished product for my blog and he goes "I've got your picture right here baby" and proceeded to get in front of the camera, so naturally I snapped this picture of him.  What a silly hubby I have.
As always, today I am thankful that I have a husband who loves to cook as much as I do.  As much as I love being in the kitchen and making a home cooked meal for M, I love that he doesn't mind being in the kitchen with me and helping me to make these delicious meals.  Granted this time I told him it was ok that I would make it all myself, I am so thankful that he was willing to help me.  I think he was just impressed that I was willing to handle the raw chicken... because as much as I love to cook I do NOT love handling raw meat at all.  So thanks to my hubby for almost always volunteering to help me cook so that we can spend some quality time together!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!