Image Map

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Best Brownie Recipe EVER!

It is no secret that I absolutely LOVE to cook.  But it may be a secret that I also love to bake and that I think I am a pretty darn good baker.  Today I am going to share with you the BEST brownie recipe ever.  Now I have NO CLUE where this recipe originally came from... I just know that I stole it from my mom's recipe box. This recipe post is not going to be set up the way all of the other ones are because well I am just going to write the recipe on here as I have it written on my recipe card!

My copy of the recipe card... Mom's looks a lot more beat up than mine does!
Kathryn Hepburn's Brownies



1. Melt in heavy saucepan: 2 squares of unsweetened chocolate and 1/4 lb (1 stick) of butter.

2. Remove from heat and stir in 1 c. sugar

3. Add 2 eggs and 1 tsp. vanilla and beat like mad.

4. Stir in 1/4 c. flour, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1 c. chopped walnuts.

4. Mix together

5. Grease a square tin (8x8) and put in a preheated oven (325F) for 40 minutes.

6. Cool before cutting.

7. Enjoy.
You can even use cookie cutters to make the brownies into fun shapes like I do for almost every Chi Omega event!  I mean who doesn't love owl shaped brownies?!

*Note: for these pictures I doubled the recipe because I was making them for a party*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!