Image Map

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Quick and Easy... Bacon Mac 'n Cheese Recipe


A few weeks ago I posted the picture above on social media showing dinner that M and I had made together that night.  Of course I had planned on posting the recipe on my blog but I had no idea how many requests I would get for the recipe.  So without further ado, here is our bacon mac 'n cheese recipe from a few weeks ago! I found the original recipe on Pillsbury.com but M and I adapted it to fit what we wanted.

Bacon Mac 'n Cheese

Ingredients:
1 box penne pasta
1 jar three cheese Alfredo sauce
1/2 c. milk
1/4 tsp. chopped garlic
2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 c. shredded Monterrey jack cheese
1/4 package bacon
1/4 c. panko style bread crumbs

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400.  Spray 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. Cook and drain pasta as directed
3.  While pasta is cooking, cook bacon

4. In 3 quart saucepan heat cooking sauce, milk and garlic to a boil.


5. Remove from heat and stir in 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese and 1/2 c. shredded Monterrey jack cheese until melted.



6. Stir in pasta and bacon.

7. Spoon into casserole dish.
8. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bread crumbs

9. Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are bubbly.

10. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!