Image Map

Thursday, April 3, 2014

#tbt... Chi Omega Eleusinian


This weekend, this Saturday to be exact, marks the 119th Anniversary of the founding of my beloved sorority Chi Omega.  Chi Omega was founded on April 5, 1895 at the University of Arkansas by a group of 4 women (Ina Mae Boles, Jobelle Holcombe, Alice Cary Simmonds, and Jean Vincenheller) with the help of Dr. Charles Richardson.  They created Chi Omega because they were tired of the fact that the men had their fraternities with all of their secrets and traditions while the women were left with nothing.  Little did these women know that Chi Omega would one day be the largest national women's organization (even bigger than the Girl Scouts!!).

One of the great things about being a Chi Omega is that I AM a Chi Omega and it is something that I ALWAYS will be.  I am proud to be a Chi Omega, and there are so many reasons why.  Chi Omega's founding purposes include: friendship, personal integrity, service to others, academic and intellectual pursuits, community and campus involvement, and personal and career development.  I particularly love the vision statement of the fraternity, "Sisters inspired by our values who serve the world while keeping Chi Omega ever at heart." I always strive to keep the values of Chi Omega close to my heart and those values are part of why I chose to become a Chi Omega when I was going through the sorority recruitment process.

So without further ado, here are some #tbt pictures to some of my favorite Chi Omega memories

G-Big, Me, Big
New Members Fall 2004
Before a Jungle Themed Party
Supporting Sisters at the Greek God & Goddess Competition
Bid Day 2005
Bowling for Bid Day 2006

My Chi Omega Family
Formals with my little
My Chi Omega Family
Visiting my Little after I graduated

Sisters in V's Wedding
The original Badge of Chi Omega
Just hanging with Flat Jean at Firesides
2 of my Favorite Iota Lambda Sisters
Chi Mu Sisters at my wedding
Sisters as Bridesmaids at my wedding
Today I am thankful for everything I have discovered through Chi Omega.  Chi Omega shares some of the same values as I do, and it is an organization that I am proud to be a member of.  I am so grateful for the friendships that I have made... both while in college and after college as a result of being a Chi Omega.  Chi Omega truly is for a lifetime and I know that I will always have a friend in a sister.  Being a Chi Omega means that I already share a special bond with other Chi Omegas out there and I know that in times of need I can definitely count on them.  So thank you to the Founding Women of Chi Omega because without your four I would not be the woman that I am today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!! Let me know what you are thinking and I promise I will get back to you!